Lowtax kicks the proverbial bucket

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Lowtax kicks the proverbial bucket

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:23 am

https://www.engadget.com/something-awfu ... 01155.html
https://www.pcgamer.com/richard-lowtax- ... ead-at-45/
https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dmqb/ ... dead-at-45
Fragmaster didn't ask for details surrounding the death, but Kyanka's second wife later said the creator committed suicide.
"Internet pioneer", translation: king troll of the early web. Demigod Of Shitposting. Etc. I'd post some kind of eulogy but the bastard doesn't deserve one. And his FANS......some of them only deserve a firing squad.

Yes there's a thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... id=3984488

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Lowtax kicks the proverbial bucket

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:31 am

Without lowtax, there would be no weev, the "man" who gave us this: http://wikipedia-sucks-bad.blogspot.com ... orget.html .....Which he sperged into every college printer in the US via a bash code. From Serbia!

NBC News:

Infamous Hacker 'Weev' Says He Blasted College Printers With Antisemitic Message

While "weev" cast his action as a strike against authorities who would limit speech, his writings suggest he believes the message he sent last week.

March 28, 2016, 8:53 PM PDT / Updated March 28, 2016, 8:53 PM PDT
By Alex Johnson

The infamous white nationalist hacker who calls himself "weev" has claimed responsibility for antisemitic messages that showed up last week on computer printers at universities across the country.

"WHITE MAN are you sick and tired of THE JEWS destroying your country through mass immigration and degeneracy?" said the single-page messages, which were adorned with swastikas and the web address of a neo-Nazi group.

Andrew A.E. Auernheimer, 30, widely known under the alias "weev," claims that he used a common tool to scour most of the Internet for vulnerable Web-connected devices that could be accessed remotely.

"It turned out to be upwards of a million devices," Auernheimer wrote in a blog post last week.

"Using the Internet with the wrong opinion is a hate crime these days, folks," he wrote. "Take note: these people will steal every ounce of freedom we have unless we do something real soon."

Someone printed a white supremacist recruitment flyer to my office printer. #wtf #peoplearetheworst #racism #whitesupremacy

— Claire Meints (@meintscl) March 25, 2016
While Auernheimer cast his actions as a strike against authorities who would limit free speech, his own writings strongly suggest that he believes the message he sent last week.

In an article on the neo-Nazi website promoted in last week's message, Auernheimer wrote in October 2014 that he has been a "long-time critic of Judaism [*], black culture, immigration to Western nations, and the media's constant stream of anti-white propaganda."

His social media accounts and commentary on the underground Internet forum 4chan frequently assail the Black Lives Matter movement, "murderous nonwhites" and "Semites," whom he has denounced for allegedly having "repaid us with treachery" after U.S. forces saved them during World War II.

"Hitler did nothing wrong," he tweeted last week.

* EVEN THOUGH HE HIMSELF IS JEWISH.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:40 pm

ouch
SchrodingersCat wrote:I've been posting on SA since November 2002, it was rough back then. A lot of hilarious stuff but a lot of nasty stuff too. SA was my first experience with the sort of group-think you can get on the internet, and it can be both hilarious and terrifying.
I've never heard about this, can you elaborate?
Eason wrote:Ironically, if anyone wants to see what SA was like back then, hit up Kiwifarms
Only two days and the thread is up to 256 pages.....

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:50 pm

plus one of Rich's exes posts:
LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.
Yeah, that's Kiwi-Farms-level insane. At least he didn't shoot up a school.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:12 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:50 pm
plus one of Rich's exes posts:
LadyAmbien posted:

I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.
Yeah, that's Kiwi-Farms-level insane. At least he didn't shoot up a school.
I have to post a quote from Mr. Charlton Heston:

Nothing about the Internet has gone the way people predicted it would go, and even by the ricketyshit standards of G.W. Bush-era Internet, things have been slipping into a maelstrom of pure absurdist nihilism.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.