Ironholds rides again

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Ironholds rides again

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:33 pm

This is a horrible and disturbing report. In general

https://www.theverge.com/c/23311333/tsa ... r-homeland

Yet.........buried deep within, a strange little surprise.
This might hold true for most people but not for all, says Os Keyes, a researcher at the University of Washington who’s written extensively on the topic of automated gender recognition (AGR).

“It is absolutely a design choice to assume that differences in embodiment are defined (both exclusively and uniformly) by gender, but they’re not. There are differences within genders, differences between genders, differences with respect to the cultural framings of race, the presence of disability, and so on.”
Try googling "Os Keyes" and "University of Washington". Yes, it is the same person who was formerly one of Wikipedia's most despicable administrators (SEVEN separate RFAs were needed), and a WMF contract employee for five years.

So, Oliver became "Os", a nonbinary crusader for transgender and "unusual" gender rights. Does anyone else remember the years of misogynistic and abusive IRC conversations?

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Ironholds rides again

Post by Strelnikov » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:52 am

https://ironholds.org/

The awfulness has crossed the gender "line".
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:17 pm

I am not surprised at all that "hix" has switched from being a savagely obsessed noticeboard and IRC troll......to a savagely obsessed LGBTQ "activist". Savage obsession equals Wikipedia obsession.

As noted before, a remarkably large number of WP admins, former and current, are transgender. Nearly all of them being male-to-female, that I know of. You will have to consult a psychiatrist about gender-related personality issues. Yet I would expect WP insiderhood to include large numbers of deeply unhappy and/or irrational personalities. Of all types.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:57 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:17 pm
.....As noted before, a remarkably large number of WP admins, former and current, are transgender. Nearly all of them being male-to-female, that I know of. You will have to consult a psychiatrist about gender-related personality issues. Yet I would expect WP insiderhood to include large numbers of deeply unhappy and/or irrational personalities. Of all types.
I see this over and over with YouTube, where a small-but-growing cadre of "content creators" are male-to-female transgender people: Abigail Thorne of Philosophy Tube, Stephanie Sterling of The Jimquisition (still stuck with the "James Sterling" name for branding purposes*), Alice Caldwell-Kelly of Well There's Your Problem "the podcast with slides", Jessie Gender (self-titled show), Sophie From Mars (same), probably many more. Mildred (Matt) of Thought Slime and Scaredy Cats has become multigender, but has not decided to change bodily form. The only female-to-male trans person involved with YouTube that I can name off the top of my head is DEVON™, who does editing on Well There's Your Problem, and is a member of the Kill James Bond! podcast with Alice and Abigail.

* Usually stated as "James Stephanie Sterling."
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.