Reddit censors anti-Israel post

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Reddit censors anti-Israel post

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:02 pm

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Reddit censors anti-Israel post

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:16 pm

a) the photo (was it a photo?) is completely gone, so I have no idea what they are squabbling about.

b) please keep the Israel criticism down, unless you have hard evidence. Don't attract pro-Israel rageboys to this forum, please, we don't need that particular misery. I will just say that the current Hamas unrest is just classic Middle East style: ultimately it's based on religion, both sides think they are right, and neither side can claim the "moral high ground" or whatever you want to call it.

PS, the Hamas battle is starting to produce open criticism of Israel on Wikipedia. I told you that things there are very different from the early 2000s, when CAMERA and the Wiki-Lobby and idiots like Jayjg and SlimVirgin were fighting to make Israel look good and Palestinians look as bad as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel
This part, in the second paragraph, would have been unthinkable 12 years ago.
The 1967 Six-Day War resulted in the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, along with the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula and the Syrian Golan Heights. Israel has since effectively annexed both East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, and has established settlements across the occupied territories, actions which are deemed illegal under international law. Since the 1973 Yom Kippur War, Israel has signed peace treaties with Egypt, returning the Sinai Peninsula, and with Jordan, and more recently normalized relations with several Arab countries, though efforts to resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict have not succeeded. Israel's practices, in the longest military occupation in modern history, have drawn international condemnation for violating the human rights of the Palestinians.[24]

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Reddit censors anti-Israel post

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:36 pm

I saw the post before it was taken down. The image shows two sides, one with an Israeli soldier grabbing a child, and the other with a Hamas soldier helping a child. The original image wasn't really framed as pro-Hamas propaganda, it was more just against the IDF. I guess it could be considered propaganda, but I've seen far worse on Reddit.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.