The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by ericbarbour » Sat May 20, 2017 1:41 am

Past two weeks have gotten a bit intense. Google News looks like this every day now.

Plus, Fox News appears to be falling apart with the purge of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and the death of Ailes yesterday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/busi ... .html?_r=0

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 6.35.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 6.35.12 PM.png (213.03 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
]

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat May 20, 2017 2:17 am

ericbarbour wrote:Past two weeks have gotten a bit intense. Google News looks like this every day now.

Plus, Fox News appears to be falling apart with the purge of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and the death of Ailes yesterday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/busi ... .html?_r=0
Fox sounds like it's a mouthpiece for RT these days.

During the political shit show of the last week there has been a Twitter spat among many of the anti-Trump Twitterati. Mensch and Taylor keep asking to be credited with what they believe are their scoops. Maybe nine days ago Mensch called the March for Truth "Team Deza" then today she said she supports the march. The Jester and Mensch had a falling out and hate each other now. I think people are being too hard on Taylor and don't accept that Mensch is flawed but still a useful source of general-picture information rather than details. Most level-headed people are staying the hell away from the Twitter wars over how useful/dangerous the new "citizen-journalists" against Trump are. Multiple news sources are claiming that a new left-targeted conspiracy culture is growing. No doubt that there is an opening on the left for conspiracy type outlets. Hopefully they can avoid following in the footsteps of Fox.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sat May 20, 2017 10:19 am

Garsh and here I was ready to start The (new, straight-from-scratch) Brock thread. Poor guy. :|

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 pm

sashi wrote:Garsh and here I was ready to start The (new, straight-from-scratch) Brock thread. Poor guy. :|
Feel free to talk about Brock.

Qwerty
Sucks

Post by Qwerty » Mon May 29, 2017 10:46 am

He said he was going to drain the swamp and the swamp has yet to eat him alive, despite all the growls, mysterious splashes, hisses, thrashings, hoop-hoop-hoops, flares of natural gas, crab eyes and snake lips winking at him in the mangrove mud. I don’t fancy his chances but he is still out there in an aluminium punt driven by a big fan, so that makes it even so far. You have to remember though that people didn’t vote for him because he’s Trump. They voted for him because he is not Hilary Clinton. Think of every day without her and without her big establishment behind her, and be thankful for your lucky stars. It could have been so vrrk blkk nyk nyk nyk bzzzzzz and blood-suckingly zwwww. Now it is almost human and that is what democracy is supposed to be all about.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon May 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Qwerty wrote:He said he was going to drain the swamp and the swamp has yet to eat him alive, despite all the growls, mysterious splashes, hisses, thrashings, hoop-hoop-hoops, flares of natural gas, crab eyes and snake lips winking at him in the mangrove mud. I don’t fancy his chances but he is still out there in an aluminium punt driven by a big fan, so that makes it even so far. You have to remember though that people didn’t vote for him because he’s Trump. They voted for him because he is not Hilary Clinton. Think of every day without her and without her big establishment behind her, and be thankful for your lucky stars. It could have been so vrrk blkk nyk nyk nyk bzzzzzz and blood-suckingly zwwww. Now it is almost human and that is what democracy is supposed to be all about.
Doesn't sound like you've been reading the news.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Doesn't sound like you've been reading the news.

I can't find a link to it but I read an opinion piece that surmised that it was better to have Trump in office being an incompetent nincompoop than him being impeached. The theory being that due to his incompetence none of his stated goals will ever actually come to fruition.

If you didn't like Clinton I suppose the above is still a good out come even if having Clinton in office would have meant less uncertainty especially about anything good that came out of the previous administration. Any of the criticisms of Clinton being corrupt or an insider should be considered moot when compared to Trump's self interest, nepotism and blatant greed.

The even worse news is that it's not just Trump but all his cronies and goons that he has appointed to positions of power. With or without him as long as the people he appointed who clearly intend to dismantle the departments they have been assigned to are still in those positions all bets are off as to how much damage could be done.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

suckadmin wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:Doesn't sound like you've been reading the news.

I can't find a link to it but I read an opinion piece that surmised that it was better to have Trump in office being an incompetent nincompoop than him being impeached. The theory being that due to his incompetence none of his stated goals will ever actually come to fruition.

If you didn't like Clinton I suppose the above is still a good out come even if having Clinton in office would have meant less uncertainty especially about anything good that came out of the previous administration. Any of the criticisms of Clinton being corrupt or an insider should be considered moot when compared to Trump's self interest, nepotism and blatant greed.

The even worse news is that it's not just Trump but all his cronies and goons that he has appointed to positions of power. With or without him as long as the people he appointed who clearly intend to dismantle the departments they have been assigned to are still in those positions all bets are off as to how much damage could be done.
Quite. It's frightening to think about how many GOP Congressmen may have been compromised by Russian interests. I can't tell if the criticisms of Jill Stein over Russia are stretching it too far or if Russia did an covert op of the Left and the Right as we know they did in the 1970s (? decade) in Germany.

I wish we could convince all the Clintons to back away from public view. They are too hated. I'm pretty neutral on them, but there's no sense further inflaming the partisanship right now.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:I wish we could convince all the Clintons to back away from public view. They are too hated.

Seriously doubt that will happen--like the Kennedys they've drilled their way deep into the Democratic Party mechanisms and have far too many Democratic and corporate supporters. Now both major parties are hopelessly compromised by "big money", and there isn't enough interest in cleaning it up. I think the millennial generation has basically given up.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:17 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:I wish we could convince all the Clintons to back away from public view. They are too hated.

Seriously doubt that will happen--like the Kennedys they've drilled their way deep into the Democratic Party mechanisms and have far too many Democratic and corporate supporters. Now both major parties are hopelessly compromised by "big money", and there isn't enough interest in cleaning it up. I think the millennial generation has basically given up.
What do you think of Bernie? He wouldn't release his taxes.