The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
badmachine
Sucker

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by badmachine » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 am

journo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:41 pm
As BBB32sucks was implying, the Dems aren't small-d democratic either. But at they least the accept defeat gracefully, which is 1 more component of democracy than what I'm seeing from the "Trump for God Emporer Side"
wow i think youre legit retarded or brainwashed

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:02 am

badmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:41 am
journo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:41 pm
As BBB32sucks was implying, the Dems aren't small-d democratic either. But at they least the accept defeat gracefully, which is 1 more component of democracy than what I'm seeing from the "Trump for God Emporer Side"
wow i think youre legit retarded or brainwashed

The night Clinton lost she called him and conceded. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-cl ... ald-trump/ Dems ran their mouth with the "Not my president" stuff after Trump was sworn in.

I didn't say they were small-d democratic. They're not. But they can say 'congrats you won'. Trump can't do that. It's not appealing to me.

He wasted months of media air time with his narcissistic bid to sue his way to stay in power. The lawsuits were frivalous, abusive, and their efforts to stop the certification in Georgia has resulted in multiple well deserved arrests.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:14 am

Trump team people like Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis already plead guilty to election interference to keep Trump in power. Nothing like that is on the Dem side. If you can show me Dem campaign operatives breaking election laws to keep Republican presidents from winning then fine, but politics isn't supposed to be might-makes-right.
Last edited by journo on Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:16 am

I don't really care if Genocide Joe or Homicide Don win. Either way, nothing will change for the better and more people will be murdered. The only choice you have is choosing which people you prefer to oppress.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:18 am

Yea I might just not vote again. My life was in many ways better during the Trump era but I really don't think the country will survive much more of Trump.

He's probably going to win at this point unless something changes given the polls. Wish I could just vote or not today and ignore the whole cycle.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:20 am

journo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:18 am
Yea I might just not vote again. My life was in many ways better during the Trump era but I really don't think the country will survive much more of Trump.

He's probably going to win at this point unless something changes given the polls. Wish I could just vote today and ignore the whole cycle.
What exactly will he do that's so bad? All he did last time was just whine on Twitter. Of course Congress will continue to ruin things, but that's largely independent from the President.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:29 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:20 am
What exactly will he do that's so bad? All he did last time was just whine on Twitter. Of course Congress will continue to ruin things, but that's largely independent from the President.
American political polarization reached levels I've never seen before during his term. Including political street fights in my state, riots, and etc. Nowhere near the level of some third world countries but it's something I don't think Americans have much tolerance for as a first world country.

There's also the issue of his open contempt for conceding, which I guess would be a bigger problem if he was younger.

All the fighting might have been cool if it were over land rights or worker pay or something. But it was all over dumb shit like online subcultures, statues and celebrity.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:55 am

journo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:29 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
American political polarization reached levels I've never seen before during his term. Including political street fights in my state, riots, and etc. Nowhere near the level of some third world countries but it's something I don't think Americans have much tolerance for as a first world country.
Well it's not specifically because of him. It's a wider current within the bourgeoisie to use identity politics against citizens.
journo wrote:
There's also the issue of his open contempt for conceding, which I guess would be a bigger problem if he was younger.
The federal democracy is a sham anyway. It's all a show.
journo wrote:
All the fighting might have been cool if it were over land rights or worker pay or something. But it was all over dumb shit like online subcultures, statues and celebrity.
Why would they want that? They want people to be divided so they don't pay attention to our real, domestic issues.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:15 am

journo wrote:
Bbb23sucks wrote:

sounds like youre saying Trump shouldnt be in office because the democrats would be butthurt

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:28 am

badmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:15 am
sounds like youre saying Trump shouldnt be in office because the democrats would be butthurt
Well that's basically the M.O. of both parties now. No substance, just culture war screeds.