Vigilant!!!

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: Vigilant!!!

Post by Carrite » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:44 am
Abd wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm
What matters on a Forum are active threads, not the number of threads, so Carrite has made ten threads active, thus flooding Active Topics. I'm cutting that down a little, but anyone may choose to reactivate the ones with the deleted "comment" by this troll.
Oh, please. From the day you were made a mod you've been flooding the entire board. I just checked the Wikipediocracy Talk subforum and the most recent comments in all six of the more recent threads are yours. Some of these threads are just you replying to yourself. Just like CrowsNest except that at least CrowsNest talked about Wikipedians every now and then. They are all about you, your philosophies about moderation and about life in general and the tussles you are having on other websites. I think that's what Carrite was trying to point out, and that's why you deleted his posts.

Your participation before being made a mod was a lot more appropriate. Please post less often, post less about yourself, and post less about your twilight struggle with Vigilant and these Smith Brothers.

We all support your reban of Graaf of course. Good work and thanks.
Dittos on the Graafban.

As for my alleged crime of flooding, I think I saw that 7 of the 10 Vigilant threads were started by you, Abd, which I found surprising.

RfB

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm

@Carrite, you missed one. Great video from a troll Enjoy!

Vagirant is an endless source of comment demonstrating obsession, contempt, and utter insanity. He has posted over 100 comments about me on Reddit in the last month. I was responding to them (but not there, which really doesn't work, rather by link to a section of a page that is a specific response to his ), but realized that answering a troll's lies takes much more time than it takes for the troll to post them.

So when I'd done about 80 responses, I started just linking to a generic reply. Copy-paste, takes very little time. And he lies about that as well, imagining what I "think." Some of these are downright hilarious.
http://www.matsiman.com/blocked_senders.htm
Matsiman Blocked Senders List
*@lomaxdesign.com
Why would a mail provider block your entire domain?
The skill of a troll is in provoking response. Looking is a response, but Vagirant generally has something behind what he writes. So I looked and, sure enough, that domain is on the list. So I checked status.
mxtoolbox perfect. So what's with matsiman? Email provider? Well, not exactly. An on-line store selling matsuman gear." Relating to Tricholoma matsutake. Why is my domain on that list? I have no idea, but if there was active spam, the mxtoolbox tool would show something, at least.

Many of his posts are designed to provoke a knee-jerk response. Deliberate lies are part of this, but also mixing something true (like I'm globally WMF banned) with a claim reason (which is not verifiable at this point). He quotes sources he knows are completely unreliable. And I think it's utterly not what he expected, that I'm not answering him specifically any more. To him, this was "running away," but, of course, his theme is "dance, monkey, dance."

He is definitely being affected. "Vagirant" has provoked response. The renaming actually came from Eric Barbour, but his version was more a play on "vagina," and that is indeed a variation on calling someone a "cunt." It was never polite, for sure, but it is no longer acceptable at all. The meaning of these terms is all "I don't like this person" projected onto the person.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Carrite wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 am
As for my alleged crime of flooding, I think I saw that 7 of the 10 Vigilant threads were started by you, Abd, which I found surprising.
"Crime" was not alleged, fact was. Another fact: I'm realizing how much useless and fact-free argument clutters up Wikipediocracy and Sucks -- and other fora. It is becoming a policy for me not to argue with trolls, and I'm learning how to do that without ceding ground to them. There are people here interested in creating a real forum, not just another chat room where drunks yell at each other. If any of these people have questions about my actions, we can discuss them, publicly or privately, if the goal is communication and the discovery of consensus. Otherwise, trolls are invited to take a hike.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Keep those links coming, Vagillyrunt! I'm being encouraged to find out who Vigilant is, so I put this together with what I have, easy, not the product of serious research, which may be too much effing trouble. Or not. I don't bind my future. There are links here that could be followed. I might see what I can find in the Merkey lawsuit, I do have a PACER account. Below is what was here when linked:

Meanwhile, back at the topic, who is this Vagirunt troll? I'm collecting what we have. My basic answer at this point is that, other than what is obvious from the acknowledged accounts, I don't know, I only recognize the behavior as fitting a stereotype or archetype.

None of this post should be construed as an accusation against any real person, this is only a seed for research, and is not a claim of misbehavior by any individual.

But what is real? Well, it's real that various names have been advanced. So first, what is not at all in question: If there are more, please let me know!
Suspected:
-- unconfirmed allegations or suspicions, some very weak --
  • Wikipedia: Sebthepleb
  • Wikipedia: Daundelin
  • Wikipedia: Ahunt (Strelnikov, see below)
  • Paul Hands, see blog post by Strelnikov And see also blog post allegedly by Jeff Merkey. If it is in all caps, it must be true, right?
  • Al [Alan J.] Petrofsky see above, also source for accounts below
  • jeffmerkey (al P.)
  • Alpetrofsky
  • romanianconnection (Paul Hands) <- his favorite
  • sighisoaraconnection (Paul Hands)
  • merkeysucksmyballs (Paul Hands)
  • phands (Paul Hands)
  • phands.the.heretic (Paul Hands)
  • Whyyousohorny (Paul Hands)
Merkey was obviously upset and reactive, but he was also actually under attack (on Wikipedia, by "Vigilant" -- which he also listed -- and others.) Some, at least, of what he wrote, could possibly be verified. Court records, after all. Assuming that was Merkey, he was certainly convinced that Vigilant was Paul Hands, but it is possible that Hands and Vigilant were cooperating.

Documents cited by Strelnikov:
A possible Petrofsky-written blog post from 2005.
A Jeff Merkey lawsuit. Reliable neutral report!
A Czech guy on the Merkey-Petrofsky fights.
A PDF of a 2005 lawsuit. (actually an Amicus filing by ACLU Utah.) (Gives Federal Court case number, files may be available).

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:08 pm

This is entirely too rich not to share. Viligent, creaming over what he saw on Reddit, posted this on WPO:
B&
For the lulz.
His link points to a Reddit comment:
EveryInevitable9

They just blocked Abd Lomax from commenting here for spam. I was blocked on the other account as well even though I didn't spam. The mods apparently don't want drama here. Now Lomax is banned, I won't hang around.]
Viligent obviously believed I was blocked ("B&", banned), taking his information from a Darryl Smith sock. (Yes, this is Darryl, not Oliver. The differences are quite clear on the page where I've been documenting the socks this year. Oliver has points he wants to make, will argue until the cows come home and then continues arguing with the cows, but Darryl is a pure troll and if a conversation isn't going the way he wants, he will inundate it with spam, which he proceeded to do. See the profile linked (and if it disappears, I've listed all the posts). [edit: account banned, see the documentation pages for EveryInevitable9]

Dilly-dallygent missed that I commented right after that announcement. I have not been warned by the mods.

To be sure, it's easy to be banned on Reddit. Anyone can start and run a subreddit. And they often don't have time to figure out what is going on. I was blocked for a week on r/sudoku Reddit, partly based on private complaints. vagilant crowed about that, of course. But the end of that was that I was ultimately confirmed as allowed to link to the CFC wiki, and I'm fine with the mods. (and Smith and Villygent comments were deleted and accounts possibly banned.)

The sock tagging I do can look like spamming if one squints. So it could easily happen, but so what? I don't need any particular subreddit. Bans are not normally announced, so one might think that valigantry would have smelled a rat. But apparently his own BO suppressed that. (sorry, rats, I really don't mean to insult you.)

And I no longer need to tag those socks in that subreddit, because of a generic notice I made. Tagging is what I do before a clear pattern has been established, justifying a comment directly on that. Mods really don't like this off-topic crap on Reddit. Simply noting that an account is "throwaway" is easily verifiable. It's like tagging SPAs on Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure that Bingilant has been banned from some subs. I know that some of his comments have been deleted. He is gaining no traction at all with his intense campaign, well over a hundred comments there since the beginning of the year, all trolling me, uselessly.

This is the Pride of Wikipediocracy, the Great Attack Skunk, reduced to drooling irrelevancies.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:10 am

Perfect. Definitely butthurt. Banned from my subreddit!!! He's raving on WPO, and his incoherence is quite visible, Midsize Jake surely sees it. Viligent seems to have quite an interest in anilingus. . . .

He's got no clue as to the purpose or context for anything he's finding, he's, indeed, thrashing about. I used the subreddit for a very specific purpose today. It was being claimed that I was "spamming," because I was tagging socks, and the Smiths often succeed with complaints. What would be the first thing that a mod would look at to see if a user is spamming? Their profile, of course, and what will show in the profile is my posts, so I made sure that a comment was very visible. And the Smiths are largely a RatWiki phenomenon.

I used this device to head off what would have been my first serious block on Wikipedia. I placed a note on my user talk page so that when the admin came to notify me of the block, he'd see it. Brief, simple, and very effective. I was blocked, he saw it, and he immediately unblocked me and blocked the the other people involved. Now, that's polemic! Get 'er done!

The people complaining about me on Reddit were banned or deleted their accounts. Viligant is clueless. In any case, because I can, this is the subreddit post and these are the deleted comments.
[deleted] 3 hours ago
ONE FOR THE LADIES.
[redacted]
[linked-in profile redacted]
This was a Darryl L. Smith comment... I did not remove it, it must have been removed by Reddit admin before I even saw it.
WOVigilant
Seems pretty close to when you constantly name drop Feynman or constantly reference a single vanity published paper as 'cited'.
You're a fraud, Lomax.
Everyone can see it.
So of course I banned him and removed the comment. Pure trolling, zero redeeming value, totally off topic, etc.
Smart-Guarantee
- I just reported this thread to Reddit for doxing and harassment.
Get a life and stop with these vendettas.
This is hilarious. Reports go to subreddit mods, i.e., me. This is what I see under the post until I remove it:
USER REPORTS
1: It's targeted harassment at someone else

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 pm

This post was linked from WPO by Vilificigent, as "badly [loses] a slapfight with me." Who judges these things? What all this has done is show that Viligent is obsessed, lies, and trolls incessantly. (see the topic he started and floods on WPO, and his Reddit account) To claim "victory" would require a measure, a measurable goal, but trolls just claim victory, no matter what. Original comment as linked:
boredbird wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:44 am
I think that's what Carrite was trying to point out, and that's why you deleted his posts.
boredbird, quite like certain other trolls, focuses on the person rather than the substance, mind-reading intention.

Carrite made a series of posts that were just a count, thus flooding the forum with irrelevancies. A post counting the topics, would not be a problem, and simply listing them in that post, not a problem. He tagged ten posts. Of these, three, having no other arguably significant content, were moved to the Holding Pen (which I think is staff only -- as a mere mod there is stuff I don't easily see). They were not "deleted." Any mod or admin could move them back. The problem with those posts was also mentioned by an admin.

These claims about "petty dictator" moderation are being repeated on Wikipediocracy. In fact, I have taken very few mod actions here. Vigilant's decade-long trolling is very much on-topic on this forum, as a major feature/bug on Wikipediocracy. Vigilant also is advocating and representing the pseudoskeptical faction on Wikipedia, repeating their contempt and anything he imagines could look "bad." What I've been doing is documenting it, because that's what I do, greatly preferring fact over opinion -- including my own opinions.

But I also have the right to express my opinions. And if you don't like what I write, I suggest not reading it. Save yourself the aggravation.

I'm supported by admin here, obviously. And if they don't like what I'm doing, they could ask me to stop. So far, they either say nothing or they press the Like button. And they have the right to allow and not allow whatever they choose here. As a mod, I have the right to anticipate consensus (or owner approval) and act. It's reversible, and that's what I did as a WMF sysop. It was heavily attacked, and that attack continues.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:25 pm

It's getting to be a habit, Villygent linking here. And Villy repeats "living rent free in [your] head" and imagines pretending I'm "over" him. I'm not done with him, that's obvious, isn't it?
I'll add another post here about one of his latest lies, not merely false, but deliberate deception in public.

I document them, I DGAF about what Vaselinogent thinks or says, every word he spews makes the reality of this useless and vicious coward more clear.

In the end, though, I'm not the judge. People are, and reality is. What I'm seeing is that practically nobody believes him.
Pot Kettle Black.
What was here below:

Viligent the diligent, shitposter, the ongoing demonstration of how effed up Wikipediocracy can be (Kiwi farms light,, like RationalWiki), firm believer in his own cleverness while showing his ass on Reddit, with with zero traction, reduced to insulting a noob, continues to crow about me "badly losing a slapfight with [him].

It sure doesn't look like that to me, but does anyone care? I declared what I would do and I did it. DNFTT, I don't respond to trolls on Reddit, once it's obvious. (I do respond to regular users who ask questions or to clarify for them, not to argue with a troll.)

But I do drop tags on throwaway accounts (usually the Smith brothers), and a long-term troll like Vigilant, one word. Reply.

Drives him crazy. What does it say when the only support for his alleged slapfight is Randy from Boise? -- and the Smith brothers, whom he regularly quotes? He tries to provoke more. As one of his roughly 130 posts about me on Reddit since the beginning of the year:
You're not fooling anybody.
You will continue to respond to every single post because you are constitutionally incapable of letting anything go.
You are mentally ill and one manifestation of your NPD is your burning need to have the last word in every single situation.
His continual off-topic shitposts succeeded in convincing the OP he's a troll. He got himself blocked on as many as three subs or more.

He's had the "last word" with four posts, where the post did not require any response. He doesn't care, he's been lying and trolling for years and nobody holds his "feet to the fire," as he brags he's been doing for over a decade, confronting "shitheels." About time, eh? He is very accustomed to "having the last word," because most sane people go away in disgust. A few might do something else.

The Smiths tried insanely to get me banned for tagging throwaways (they called it spamming). I think they ended up banned -- the real spamming got intense. This is the kind of ally Viligent can find. A pack of trolls. And the best he can manage is citing abusive WMF sysops as proof of bad behavior. Suddenly WMF admins become paragons of sanity and probity?

If fact this talk-shitter will cite whatever he thinks will sound clever to his audience, which has been, too largely, a collection of haters and trolls, with most sane people staying away -- if not actually driven away. He can't survive in an unprotected space. He lasted less than two months on Wikipedia.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:30 am

All Viligent knows is to toss shit at people, apparently not realizing he gets it all over himself. I follow WikiInAction because it is linked from the Tree House Discord server, and a user asked a question today, I gave a rather ordinary answer (agreeing with others), but VilliFanny-Illy stalks whatever I do on Reddit and follows up with snark. Today, among other comments:
WOVigilant
21:28 GMT 12 Feb 2020
Abd Lomax is a net.kook and is permanently blocked on all WMF sites for being a leaky dickhole.
Do not listen to any advice he gives.
Most of the people on the WMF global ban list were blocked for child endangerment and grooming behavior.
That's his obsession, and it's what makes him important in his own eyes. Think of the children! (But children don't need hate, they need care and protection and education.)

There are 51 office-banned users. A few were banned for alleged child endangerment, sometimes based on old charges, not really about risk to children, but more rather risk to WMF reputation for allowing alleged pedophiles to edit.

(And this is not an argument the bans were improper, this is just the real politics of this.)

The clear fact is that the WMF does not disclose the reasons for bans, so they are speculation. Nevertheless, Vigilant knows many of the globally banned users, several are active on Wikipediocracy, and he knows that reasonably speculated reasons for most of the users have nothing to do with child protection, but in order to attack, he will say about anything.

He does not hesitate to lie if it sounds bad.

There have been those who imagine that he is well-informed and a source of useful information. If he said the sun rose today, I'd go out and check and double check because trolls search for misleading facts to present, mind rot, that's why it's dangerous to keep them around.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:33 am

This thread has moved out from the discussion stage into the obsession phase. Vigilant is a lunatic and a jerk. He's a loon and a crackpot but I submit to you all that he doesn't rate the time that's been invested for 6 pages of discussion. The only thing he's worth is about 2 and a half pages and a lock of the thread.
#BbbGate