Anyone heard any "recent" WPO news?

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Anyone heard any "recent" WPO news?

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 22, 2022 10:11 pm

This subforum was dominated by Crow for a couple of years. Now that he's been heavily moderated, I get the impression nobody cares much about what WPO has to say anymore. Still dominated by Poetguy, Vigilant (he splutters a lot these days) and a few others. They put Tarantino in charge and he screwed it down HARD.

Since 2018 the Pediocracy have made some attempts to improve their userbase (mostly by making the place "Wiki-Friendly" so that more administrators would show up) and by making occasional semi-useful posts to the blog. But it still appears to be drifting slowly downriver like a floating internet turd.....

Easy to demonstrate: it really is NOT a "busy forum" anymore.
wpo general section.png
wpo general section.png (107.06 KiB) Viewed 2885 times

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Anyone heard any "recent" WPO news?

Post by ericbarbour » Sun May 22, 2022 10:17 pm

PS: this "Cirt thread" is epic stupidity.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=9766
Poetlister wrote:Interesting to see how many here are willing to defend Cirt. I can only say that my interactions with him have all been unpleasant.
No shit Sherlock. You understate.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm

There may well be over 10K recent off-topic and miscellaneous posts visible to members only... the content of which it is forbidden for members to discuss off WPO since they are not -- in most cases -- particularly interesting with regard to the WMF/en.wp.

older gossip
: Poetlister doesn't seem to be very active in the public forum anymore. §

newer gossip: People -- including arbs -- are still being muted from time to time. §

Arbs, as a general rule, get much shorter timeouts than other members. §

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon May 23, 2022 10:34 pm

sashi wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm
There may well be over 10K recent off-topic and miscellaneous posts visible to members only... the content of which it is forbidden for members to discuss off WPO since they are not -- in most cases -- particularly interesting with regard to the WMF/en.wp.
Correct. It's not much different from Kiwi Farms or /b/, it is a place to call each other names and scream at each other "NOTOFTHEBODY" etc. Any claims about their "official mission" have already been proven false.
older gossip[/b]: Poetlister doesn't seem to be very active in the public forum anymore. §
newer gossip: People -- including arbs -- are still being muted from time to time. §
Genderdesk is a joke and getting jokier. Sometimes I seriously wonder if whoever runs that shitshow is being PAID to spread pro-Wiki propaganda, and to knife critics in the back.

Also wondering if Cirt is silently involved in running it. The endless trite-leftist memes and snark, the talk about Jewish history, the blind pro-Ukrainian drivel (ask Stierlitz about that sometime!), it's all classic Cirt. As I keep saying: a TRUE leftist revolutionary would see this as a load of self-serving crap, and dump them all from whatever movement as "non-useful idiots" or somesuch.
Arbs, as a general rule, get much shorter timeouts than other members. §
They can ban Brad all they want. He DESERVES to be banned, often and hard. Such a miserable pompous mediocrity. Only a true mediocrity would spend a large chunk of his adult life chasing power on Wikipedia. But since WPO is compromised, he'll be unb& again, and show up to pontificate again.
Genderdesk wrote:Genderdesk has always tried to reconnect wandering Wikipedians. A case in point, we provided a platform to Crowsnest on several occasions. While the format here does not lend itself well to Crow’s personal style, we did our best, until he finally found a home on Sucks, sometimes referred to by pundits as “WikiHoover”. Poetlister is certainly at least as high-profile as Crow, if not more, and we will do our best to provide our readers with any updates on his activities. Just a reminder, genderdesk has few rules, but does not allow either impersonation or doxing, although socks are fine. Sometimes you need a sock to really express yourself effectively.
Ha ha ha. Eat shit. Crow is not a "good Wikipedian" and not an "asset" and you are a damn fool to claim otherwise. He's not there to write content, he's there to fight with people, because they won't let him post whatever he wants.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Tue May 24, 2022 12:50 am

I'm not sure Genderdesk's chief scribe takes herself so seriously as to claim to be a "a TRUE leftist revolutionary". The posts on artists, musicians, dusty saints, arcane books, interior deco, food, coloring and stray yachts suggest such lofty ideological purity as all that is not really the point. (The point is pleasure, IMO.)

She can be as prolific as Cirt, though... that much is true. :shock:

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Post by oranges33 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:46 am

There's virtually no recent Wikipedia criticism on it. Like you said people were using it as a saloon bar

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:06 am

Okay, 2022 is almost over. Let's look at the mess.

The blog had only 3 entries this year. Only the one about the Alan McMasters hoax article (a very MINOR hoax) has any real importance/controversy. Why bother with a blog if you're not going to look for real dirt?

The forum looks a LITTLE more busy right now. The Ukraine war thread started out as an actual discussion, but now is mostly Vigilant spluttering. Looks like another embarrassment for Wee Billy and the Nameless One. There's also a thread about Musk and Twitter, with the usual crap. For fucksakes, the Web 2.0 section still shows a thread about Bitcoin that I started--in 2013.
WPOforum111522.jpg
WPOforum111522.jpg (69.06 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
Hvaing chased off anyone of an interesting or combative nature, other than the Vigina, it's looking sad again. Sad!

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:41 am

Is that scum tarantino (who doxxed me) still operating on Wikipediocracy's messageboard?
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:49 am

Strelnikov wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:41 am
Is that scum tarantino (who doxxed me) still operating on Wikipediocracy's messageboard?
You'll be "pleased" to know that he's still the board's ONLY moderator. And I get occasional complaints from people who post something of ACTUAL IMPORTANCE there, and it "mysteriously disappears". Funny that random WPO users complain to ME, long after the bastards forced me out. Curse you, Wee Billy.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:59 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:49 am
Strelnikov wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:41 am
You'll be "pleased" to know that he's still the board's ONLY moderator. And I get occasional complaints from people who post something of ACTUAL IMPORTANCE there, and it "mysteriously disappears". Funny that random WPO users complain to ME, long after the bastards forced me out. Curse you, Wee Billy.
They come to you because you are the voice of reason for the Wikipediocracy mess. If the Wikinerds weren't so damn skittish, they would come here, but I think we scare the living shit out of them for some reason. Some people think I'm you as a sockpuppet.

(When you say his name you have to do it with a Highland Scots accent: "Wee BILLY BURRRNs".)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.